Monday, August 2, 2010

So, this is my blog

I'm trying this out, this blogging thing, because I have a lot of thoughts in my head that I would like to share somewhere.  So I thought if I wrote a blog it would be out there, and even if know one read it, I still had a place to move the ideas out from my head.

Let me start out by saying that I am a math person, not a writer, so I will use far too many commas than are legal, and I will struggle with sentence variation, grammar, spelling, everything.  After all, my main idea is that we don't have to be perfect to accomplish things.

I used to want to be perfect.  I would spend hours reading through my Martha Stewart magazines, striving to achieve that perfect household.  It never worked out.  Now I repeatedly tell myself that things do not have to be perfect in order to be good.  And I've discovered some really really good things.

My main interests in life other than family are:
1.  Educating people on how to cook and eat real food.  Next time you are at any public place look around and see how many overweight people are around you.  I find that number increasing every year, and it breaks my heart to see children overweight.  I believe all parents want the best for their kids but so many don't understand how much damage the standard American diet can do.

2.  Gardening and homesteading.  My garden looks terrible--I don't have time to weed.  Even though it looks awful I can still grow some great food!

3.  Lots of nerdy things like math and science.  Star Wars and Star Trek are very much in my universe.

I also follow national politics very closely, but am keeping those ideas off of this blog.  There are plenty of other outlets to sound off politically.

And there you have it, the imperfect gardener geek, sharing thoughts on the interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment